Pages

Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 12, 2010

writing what i feel...

There was a time when I used to think that in order to write you just need a topic and a sense of direction. I am still being taught the ‘techniques’ to write,  the difference between active and passive writing and above all, the RULES to write, but I have learned that writing is not just about rules and logic, it is also about emotions. It comes from inside. It is something that you can't really learn. You can't learn to be creative, it's just there in a person and there is a time and place when it is going to come out. I get those days when I really want to write but can't get past a few words, and then there are those days that I am surprised by looking at how fast I can type. Sometimes my thoughts flow faster than my typing speed and it's hard to keep up with them. :)

I am an emotional person (very emotional). I normally do things with feelings. I can’t write if I can't feel it. I don’t want to write if I don’t feel it. My writings usually come from the heart and not from my mind. It is true that every writer/blogger has an inspiration, which he/she looks up to. It could be someone or something. For some, it is knowledge, for others it's the time of the day. Some are inspired by places like a beach or a particular store etc.. For me, it has always been LIFE, my life, my never ending journey, more failures and less successes and LOVE, for others friends, family (exist or may not exist) and love for myself.....

My purpose of blogging/writing is not to show how intellectual I am or to show that I'm right. Looking back on my life, I have been blessed to have the opportunity to do and see a variety of things.  So all my experiences led me to have definite understanding, opinions, beliefs and views on different stages and issues about life and love, that's why I understand  first before I comment.  I read or listen before I speak. And I believe it’s more beneficial to listen and learn from others’ experiences as well as their ideas, and to be open and humble enough to, if not accept or agree with, at least consider another way of doing or seeing things.

I like expressing myself silently instead of speaking out loud sometimes . Through this, I'm able to express myself without burdening anyone by asking them to listen to what I've got to say.

You may wonder why I write today. I write, simply because I feel like writing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment