Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

NO POINTING FINGERS

A man asked his father-in-law, "Many people praised you for a successful marriage. Could you please share with me your secret?" 
The father-in-law answered in a smile, "Never criticize your wife for her shortcomings or when she does something wrong. Always bear in mind that because of her shortcomings and weaknesses, she could not find a better husband than
 
you."
 

We all look forward to being loved and respected. Many people are afraid of losing face. Generally, when a person makes a mistake, he would look around to find a scapegoat to point the finger at. This is the start of a war. We should always remember that when we point one finger at a person, the other fou! r fingers are pointing at ourselves.
 

If we forgive the others, others will ignore our mistake too.
 






1 comments:

Denise said...

I come from a family of people who always have an excuse for everything, even the things you think couldn't possibly be any one’s fault but their own... my families got an excuse.

Growing up you have those moments of clarity when you see your mom for a person, not your mother, just a regular person, and when I saw her for that I was shocked, and very sad.

Because of this I try extra hard to never blame anyone or point out flaws because I feel like I'm doubly prone to that behavior since I grew up around it so much. I'd rather admit I made a mistake, it's the first step to fixing it.

Post a Comment